How to Deal with Overwhelm
Being overwhelmed is that heavy feeling of stress, worry, and anxiety; mild depression would sneak up on me. I’d feel so heavy with yuckiness that I just wanted to stay in bed.
Our plates are always full of everything we must do, and sometimes we lack the mental energy to do it.
Does your brain ever race like a hamster on a hamster wheel? Oh boy, mine sure does!
I have a few tips here to help you get out of this overwhelmed state:
- No matter how extensive my to-do list is, I rest. I lay down, take 5 to 10 minutes, and let my mind rest.
- Try to focus only on your breath.
- Leave your phone in the other room.
- Many of us sacrifice sleep, and this affects our concentration.
- Take a couple of minutes and ground yourself. Go to your nearest park, sit on a bench, and be aware of your surroundings.
- Remove your shoes and put your bare feet on the ground. This will help provide a feeling of well-being.
Notice the sounds that are going on around you. Do you notice any smells? What do you see?
Stay present with your thoughts. I also like to take four deep breaths, count to 4, then release my four breaths counting to 4.
I also share some tools in my Free Magical Self-care Care Guide: Sign Up Now!